WLIC would like to wish you and your family a peaceful, productive and blessed Ramadan, which will begin on Thursday 17th of May. We ask Allah (swt) to accept our fasts, prayers and charity, above all may we attain his good favour and pleasure, with success in this life and the one to come.
Masjid Re-opening Friday 18th May 2018
By the Grace and Permission of Allah (swt) the West London Islamic Centre Redevelopment Project has made exceptional progress. Since demolition in August 2017, with your support, the concrete frame has risen to the final floor. We now need to raise £4 million to complete the Masjid by 2019 Insha’Allah.
Alhamdu’Lillah, the temporary Masjid on the ground floor was re-opened on the 18th May, this facility will be used for all prayers, with limited space for both brothers (approx. 350) and sisters (approx.150), with seperate entrances on Brownlow Road. For fast opening (Iftar) and during peak periods on Jummah and Taraweeh, the Lounge Royale on Chignel Place will also be availble for brothers only.
Thousands of man hours and millions of pounds have been spent on our beautiful new Masjid, let us work together to care for it, keeping it clean and tidy.
A Masjid in Ealing, A House in Jannah, Insha’Allah
Phase 1 of the project is nearing completion, we require a further £4 million to complete Phase 2. Get involved, assist and make a pledge of a Mussallah for £1000, a section of window for £500 or 100 bricks for £125. Please make a contribution here or visit the Centre reception to donate cash or set-up a standing order, don’t forget to sign your Gift Aid form.
We pray that Allah (swt) aids us in fulfilling our vision of building a Masjid and Centre that will serve our future generations and help reflect an inclusive, multi-cultural world city such as London.
Ramadan Services 2018
We hope you will be able to visit and participate in the Centre’s Ramadan programme and evening Taraweeh prayers, listening to the Qur’an brings tranquility to the heart.
- Please see the Ramadan Timetable for Salah times.
- The Centre will be performing 8 Rakah Taraweeh to allow us to finish early and minimise any disturbance to our neighbours.
- Brief summary in English of the evenings Qur’an recitation after Asr Salah 6.45pm
- Sisters Qur’an halaqah in English/Urdu every day between 10.30am-12pm.
- The Centre’s Al-Kitab bookshop has a small presence in the entrance area of the brothers section.
- Register for Itikaf during the last 10 day of Ramadan, this will be limited to 3 people this year.
- Eid prayers will take place at the Centre, prayer timings are 7am, 8am, 9am, 10am and 11am. The Lounge Royale on Chignel Place will also be used for brothers. Fitrana is £4 per family member and must be paid before Eid Salah.
- There is no longer car parking on site. If you live locally please walk to the centre or car share and park vehicles at a distance from the Masjid, as parking and traffic congestion are problematic.
- Please be considerate of our neighbours and disperse quitely after evening prayers. Children are always welcome in the Masjid, but due to limitations of space, we would request you not to bring them.The centre staff will be deployed to help manage services, please listen to their instructions and advice.
We pray that Allah (swt) accepts our fasting and our good deeds, forgives our errors and allows this sacred month to be a turning point in our lives, helping us better ourselves, by making us more God conscious and considerate toward others.